Christ’s Church at Tiffin began when two families, having moved to Tiffin in the late 1970’s, prayerfully discussed the need for an Independent Christian Church in the community. After some preliminary meetings and Bible studies the decision was made to start a new church, with the first official service held on September 28, 1980 at Krout Elementary School.
Our property was purchased in 1982. We moved into our building in November 1985. The fellowship hall was added in 1990 and the ministry annex added in 2004.
Many people have come and gone over the years – with lots of changes to staff, church programming, etc. – but right around 200 people now call Christ’s Church their church home, with around 110 attending most Sunday mornings. (Like all churches, our weekly attendance has taken a hit thanks to covid.)
We are a non-denominational, self-governing church affiliated with the Independent Christian Churches/Churches of Christ – a fellowship of 6000 churches rooted in the Restoration Movement.
Restoration Movement churches trace their history to the early 1800’s, when there was a desire by some to disconnect from denominational ties and “restore the church” to it’s first century beliefs and practices as found in the Bible. This Christian unity movement had three main goals:
1. The unity of God’s people,
2. Under the authority of God’s word,
3. For the evangelization of the world.
We are proud of our heritage and are committed to these ongoing goals. We are also proud of all we’ve experienced and accomplished in the past – and trust that the Lord will continue to lead us into the future.
If you have any questions or would like to become a part of our church family, please join us on a Sunday morning or reach out to us.